Adria Gross will be speaking at the Heritage Point of Teaneck on February 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM. Adria enjoys educating people about the current and upcoming healthcare laws.
What Everyone Should Know About The New Health Laws
Adria Gross, CEO and founder of MedWise Insurance Advocacy and MedWise Billing, Inc., is a New York State-licensed insurance broker and consultant. She has over 20 years of experience in the insurance business, working extensively with the
medical community and numerous insurance companies, handling credentialing and medical billing.
Ms. Gross began her career as a claims examiner for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, then went on to claims and underwriting for American International Group before starting MedWise Insurance Advocacy (a division of MedWise Billing, Inc.). She is
certified in medical billing and medical claims consulting.
Ms. Gross is an active member of many professional organizations including the American Medical Billing Association, Medical Billing Advocates of America, Alliance of Claims Assistance Professionals, and American Academy of Professional Coders.
She also serves on the board of Insurance Professionals of Orange County (New York). She holds degrees from Lasell College and Lesley University, and certifications for medical billing from Orange County Community College. An active member of her community, Ms. Gross is also a graduate of Leadership Orange, a training program designed to help Orange County, New York residents become leaders and advocates for businesses and residents in their communities.
– Discuss the Health Care Reform Time Lines
– Review Health Reform, Questions and Answers
– Discuss the following topics:
- Hospital bills not being paid involving “Under Observation”
- Discuss Medicare Advantage Plans and DRG – Diagnosis Related Group Codes used in a nursing facility. Also Hospice not covered involving Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medical denials when individuals do not have health insurance coverage and doctors are not contracted under health insurance policies
- Case incorrectly paid and who the primary insurance carrier should be
- Insurance Carrier paid more than original charge and provider is requesting additional fees
-Review Health Cases
– Questions and Answers